You must be staying home during this lockdown due to Coronavirus outbreak and getting immensely bored. No worries, spice up your leisure time with some good food! You can start with everyone’s favourite – French fries. Use Purti Oil and some potatoes for a good evening snack!
You must be wondering how to make French fires like those fast food outlets. Don’t worry, we got you covered. Follow these easy steps to prepare the perfect French fries!
• Vegetable or sunflower oil (for deep frying)
• Salt to taste
• Mayonnaise / Ketchup
• Peel and rinse the potatoes.
• Cut the potatoes into sticks by cutting them in vertical pieces.
• Place the potato sticks in a large bowl and soak it with cold water. Allow them to soak for at least 30 minutes. You can even put them in the fridge and let them soak overnight. (This gets rid of excess starch, resulting in fluffier and crispier fries).
• Drain off the water and blot with paper towels to dry them.
• Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan and gently add the potatoes in the hot oil for about 5 minutes. Stir and flip the potatoes occasionally. Remove the potatoes from oil and to cool completely.
• Put it in hot oil again and fry the potatoes for 5 to 6 minutes until golden brown. Take it out of the oil and blot with a paper towel.
• Sprinkle with salt.
Serve with mayonnaise or ketchup. Enjoy a cool evening snack with coke or tea!
© copyright, Purti Vanaspati Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.