– 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
– 3 tablespoons Purti Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil
– 3 tablespoons poppy seeds (khus khus)
– 2-3 green chilies, chopped
– 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
– 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to taste)
– Salt to taste
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– Fresh cilantro leaves, chopped for garnish
1) Dry roast the poppy seeds in a pan on low heat until they turn golden and fragrant. Allow them to cool and then grind them into a fine paste using a little water. Set the paste aside.
2) Heat Purti Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil in a pan over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add the chopped green chilies and sauté for a minute.
3) Add the cubed potatoes to the pan. Sauté them for a few minutes until they start to turn golden.
4) Reduce the heat to low, and add the turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Stir well to coat the potatoes evenly with the spices.
5) Cover the pan and let the potatoes cook on low heat, stirring occasionally, until they are tender and cooked through. It may take around 15-20 minutes.
6) Once the potatoes are cooked, add the ground poppy seed paste and sugar to the pan. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
7) Cook the mixture for another 5-7 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld and the poppy seed paste to thicken the gravy. If the mixture gets too thick, you can add a little water to achieve your desired consistency.
8) Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
9) Your Aloo Posto is ready to serve! Enjoy it with steamed rice or roti for a delicious Bengali-style meal.
Note: Purti Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil adds a unique flavor to this dish, so be sure to use it for an authentic taste. Adjust the spice level to your preference, and feel free to add more sugar if you prefer a slightly sweeter taste.
© copyright, Purti Vanaspati Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.