Desi masala pasta with purti soyalite refined soyabean oil
November 4, 2022
Desi Masala Pasta Recipe
A unique and adapted version of pasta recipe prepared specifically to the Indian taste buds with a combination of spices. It is typically prepared as a lunch box or tiffin box recipe for kids and adults, but can also be served as a party starter or as an appetiser. These saucy, creamy and spicy pasta are generally prepared with penne pasta variant but can be experimented with any type of pasta variant. One such popular kid’s lunch box recipe is the masala pasta recipe or more commonly known as desi pasta.
- – 2 cups pasta
– 2 tablespoon Purti Sunflower oil
– ½ teaspoon cumin seeds.
– 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
– ⅓ teaspoon salt (+ ½ tsp for boiling pasta)
– ½ teaspoon red chili powder
– ½ teaspoon garam masala or pav bhaji masala
– ½ teaspoon kasuri methi
– 2 tablespoon cream (optional)
– 1 to 2 tablespoons coriander leaves chopped
– 1 large onion chopped finely
– ¾ to 1 cup tomatoes chopped mashed or pureed
– 2 carrots chopped or as needed
– ¼ to ½ cup green peas
– ¼ cup capsicum (bell pepper) – chopped
How to make Masala Pasta
- 1. In a large pot, bring 6 cups of water to a boil and add half teaspoon salt and pasta. Cook till al dente on a medium to high flame.
- 2. While the pasta cooks, rinse and chop the veggies. Drain off the pasta to a colander when done and rinse in cold water.
- 3. Set aside. Reserve 3 to 4 tablespoons of pasta cooked water.
- 4. Heat 1 tablespoon Purti Sunflower oil in a pan. When the oil turns hot, add cumin. When they begin to splutter, then add finely chopped garlic.
- 5. Fry till it begins to smell good for a minute or two. Add onions and fry until they turn pink.
- 6. Then add chopped veggies and fry for about 2 minutes. Next mash the tomatoes well and add it to the pan along with salt. Cook until the tomatoes turn soft and blend well with veggies. The raw smell of tomatoes should disappear.
- 7. Add kasuri methi, red chili powder and masala powder. Stir well and fry for a minute. Switch off the stove. If using cream add now and stir.
- 8. Add cooked pasta and 1 tablespoon Purti Sunflower oil. Toss well. Adjust salt as needed. Add coriander leaves. If the pasta looks dry, then pour 1 to 2 tablespoons pasta cooked water.
- 9. Serve masala pasta hot.