1. Wash the Fish head thoroughly and cut it into two halves and rub some turmeric powder and salt to the fish head and keep the pieces aside.
2. Cut Potatoes into small cubes; Chop Onion finely and make a puree of Tomato.
3. Take Purti Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil in a Deep Pan (preferably a non-stick Pan) and fry the fish head from both sides in medium flame for around 5-7 minutes till the fish head turns brownish in colour.
4. There shouldn’t be any odour of uncooked fish in the head.
5. Strain the fish heads from the oil and keep them aside for further use.
6. In the same oil fry potatoes in medium flame, till they turn golden in colour in at least ⅓rd cooked remove them from the oil.
7. Now temper the Oil with Dry Red Chilies, Bay leaves, and Cumin seeds, and add chopped onions.
8. Cook for around 5-7 minutes on medium flame or till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
9. Now add Ginger-Garlic Paste and Tomato as well.
10. Cook until the aroma of uncooked tomatoes goes out completely on medium flame. Add rice to the mixture and cook on a medium flame for about 5 minutes. You can add little water if required.
11. Add Turmeric Powder, Cumin Powder, Red Chilli powder, Sugar, and also Salt
12. Cook till the oil comes out from the mixture and the rice turns a bit transparent in colour.
13. Break the fried Fish head into small pieces and add those to the pan along with the fried potatoes.
14. Add 2 Cups of Water and cover the pan with a lid and cook for around 15 minutes on low flame or till rice and potatoes are cooked completely.
15. Add Bengali Garam Masala Powder and Ghee to the Muri Ghonto.
16. Mix properly and then switch the flame off when the Water content is reduced to ⅕th.
17. Switch the flame off and serve it hot with steamed rice.
© copyright, Purti Vanaspati Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.