Tawa Paneer is not like the regular kind of paneer sabzi, due to its preparation on a large tawa at a high temperature. In fact, that is what adds to the taste and aroma of the dish. This dish is succulent, simple to prepare, and served in a semi-dry form. You can use many types of ingredients in this, but the most common ones include onions, bell peppers, spices, and of course, paneer. You can eat this with naan, tandoori roti, paranthas, or jeera rice.
Nutrition Value of the Dish.
Paneer comes from milk, so you would get a rich amount of calcium from this. Besides that, Tawa Paneer is also rich in protein and fat, mainly fat-soluble D and A. Carbohydrate content is present in this dish, albeit lesser in quantity. Plus, the dish would have approximately 3.51 g of fiber in a bowl of, say, 233 g, as well. Of course, the total nutritional value you would get also depends on what vegetables you use.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Roasting the paneer:
1. Half a teaspoon (tsp) of Kashmiri red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, and garam masala each
2. One-fourth tsp turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, yoghurt, and ajwain each
3. One tsp Kasuri methi and lemon juice each
4. 14 paneer cubes
5. Salt (one-fourth tsp)
6. Soyalite Refined Soyabean Oil for roasting
1. 1 tsp butter, jeera (cumin), ginger garlic paste, and pav bhaji masala each
2. 2 tsp oil
3. One-fourth tsp turmeric
4. 1 finely chopped onion
5. Half chopped capsicum
6. 2 tablespoon (tbsp) of finely chopped coriander
7. Water (3 tbsp)
8. Half tsp salt
9. Three-fourth cup tomato puree using 3 tomatoes
Method of Cooking
1. First, in a bowl, take the curd, and mix all the spices, oil, and salt mentioned under roasting. Mix them all properly.
2. Add the paneer cubes into it and mix it all gently so that the curd-spices mixture coats every piece.
3. Marinate it for 30 minutes after covering it.
4. Heat up the tawa and roast the paneer cubes. Add oil as per your need.
5. Keep flipping the pieces until all the sides are roasted. Keep it aside after it is done.
6. Take a large kadhai and heat 2 tsp oil and 1 tsp butter in it.
7. After it heats up, add 1 tsp cumin and roast it until the aroma comes out well.
8. Saute the chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste.
9. After it turns slightly brown, add the capsicum and saute it for one minute.
10. Lower the flame and add chilli powder, turmeric, and salt; keep on roasting this.
11. Add in the tomato puree and saute it well until oil comes out from the sides and the puree thickens.
12. After this, add water and mix it all together.
13. Then, add the paneer pieces and stir gently.
14. Garnish with the chopped coriander.
© copyright, Purti Vanaspati Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.