Sometimes it becomes too boring to eat the regular food, and we need up craving for something that is healthy but is different from the everyday sabzi. And what can be better than this Restaurant Style Vegetarian Tikka Masala, which is not only delicious, but is also filled with the goodness of vegetables.
• 2 tbsp Purti sunflower Oil
• 1 yellow onion diced
• 2 tsps freshly grated ginger
• 4 cloves garlic diced
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 1 tsp coriander
• 1/2 tsp turmeric
• 1/2 tsp cumin
• 1 6 oz can tomato paste
• 1 13.5 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
• 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
• 1 cup water
• 1 head cauliflower, with florets separated or chopped
• 2 carrots peeled
• 1 green bell pepper chopped
• salt and pepper to taste
• 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
1. Peel and chop onions and add the onions to a pan a pan with oil, over a medium/low flame. Stir often to make sure onions are caramelized and not burned. Keep on stirring occasionally and cooking onions for about 20-25 minutes.
2. While onions are sauteing, chop cauliflower, carrots and bell pepper and set aside.
3. Add grated ginger and chopped/diced garlic and saute about a minute or so.
4. Then add in tomato paste, fire roasted tomatoes, coconut milk, smoked paprika, chili, coriander, cumin, turmeric and water and stir till well incorporated.
5. Add in chopped cauliflower and carrots and let simmer covered about 10 minutes.
6. Add in the green bell pepper and let simmer covered again for another 5 minutes or till cauliflower is tender.
7. Then add in the yogurt, season with salt and pepper and enjoy with naan or rice!
8. *Can be served with a dollop of Greek yogurt and green chillies if desired.
4 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 40 minutes
© copyright, Purti Vanaspati Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.