Another hot favorite North Indian dish! This mildly flavored dish is super healthy too. If Paneer is not on hand or you want a dairy-free option you can also use tofu or veggies like cauliflower or potato.
Cook: 25 mins
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
1 pound/500 gms paneer
2 medium-sized bunches of spinach (fresh, approximately 500 gm.)
1/2 bunch fresh methi leaves (approximately/125 gms)
4 tbsp. purti sunflower oil
1 large onion (chopped fine)
1 large tomato (diced)
2 teaspoons garlic paste
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2 teaspoons coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
Salt to taste
Garnish: 1 tbsp. of butter
Steps to Make It
1. Cut the paneer into 1″ cubes. Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and stir-fry the paneer till golden.
Remove and drain on paper towels. Keep aside.
2. Add 2 tbsps of purti sunflower oil to the same pan and fry the onions in it till soft.
3. Add the ginger and garlic pastes and fry for a minute.
4. Add the spinach, methi leaves, tomato, coriander, cumin, turmeric, and garam masala powders and mix well. Add salt to taste and mix well.
5. Cook till the spinach and methi leaves are soft and like pulp. Mash well into a rough paste. If you prefer, you can also blend this paste in the food processor to get a smoother consistency.
6. Add the previously fried paneer cubes to this gravy and mix to coat the pieces.
7. Garnish with butter and serve hot with Chapatis, parathas or Makki Ki Roti.
© copyright, Purti Vanaspati Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.