This recipe is one of the most loved and delicious cuisines from South India and has a unique sweet, salty and spicy taste in every bite. Sooji Dahi Vada is an instant variation of the traditional mouth-watering dish that has gained popularity given its taste and ease of preparation.
Loaded in the goodness of Dahi or curd, this dish is rich in pro-bacteria which is a good digestive component and has a high Vitamin C content. It is good for the skin and has antioxidants. As it is prepared with cold curd, Dahi vada acts as a natural coolant, especially during a hot summer day.
Preparation time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes.
To make Sooji Vada:
1. Sooji 1 cup.
2.Whisked Curd 1 cup.
3.2 to 3 finely chopped green chillies.
4.Ginger 1 inch, finely chopped.
5.Salt to taste.
6.Purti Ricebran oil.
7.Baking soda ¼ teaspoon.
1. Fresh curd.
2. Sweet chutney.
3. Coriander chutney.
4. Roasted cumin powder.
5. Black salt.
6. Red chilli powder.
7. Chopped Coriander leaves.
To make Sooji Vada:
1. Mix sooji with the whisked curd and whisk until there is no lump.
2. Add salt to taste, ginger and green chillies and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. Add the baking soda, mix well.
4. Heat Purti Ricebran oil in a pan and give the sooji batter a round shape by dipping your fingers in the water.
5. Fry the vadas in deep oil until they are golden brown in colour and take them out in a plate covered with
tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
6. Place the sooji vadas in a bowl of water and make sure they are well submerged for one to two minutes.
7. Squeeze out the excess water, the vadas would become fluffy and soft.
8. The sooji vadas are ready to be served.
1. Place two to four vadas on a plate and add two to three tablespoons of fresh curd on them.
2. Add sweet and green chutney on the vadas.
3. Sprinkle some roasted cumin powder, chilli powder and black salt on the vadas and serve.
© copyright, Purti Vanaspati Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.