Are you thinking about cooking an absolute favourite winter dish of the Bengalis? Then, Aloo-Phulkopir Dalna should be the way to go for you. It is a nutritious yet tasty dish, which can make you feel warm from inside out. You can also enjoy the recipe with both parathas as well as normal rice. So, without any further ado, let’s jump into the preparation method right away!
Nutrition Value of the Dish
Due to the availability of both cauliflower and potato, the dish contains an immense amount of fibre. Therefore, it can prevent the onset of constipation pretty efficiently. Moreover, it contains only a small amount of fatty substances. Therefore, it might promote weight loss as well. It can be a decent source of antioxidants as well.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 to 40 minutes (depends on the quality of the cauliflower)
Servings: 4 to 5 people
1. Potato – 3 medium one (500 g approx)
2. Onions – 1 large or 2 medium ones (grinded) to make a paste
3. Green Chilies – 1~2 (stilted). Red chilli for the spice lovers
4. Ginger paste – 2 ½ tablespoon
5. Cauliflower – 1 medium size
6. Tomato – 2 medium-sized (chopped)
7. Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
8. Green peas – ¼ cup
9. Coriander powder – 1 ½ teaspoon
10. Asafetida / Hing- ½ teaspoon
11. Ghee – 1 ½ tablespoon
12. Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
13. Sunflower Oil – 10~12 tablespoon
14. Salt and sugar – As per your taste
15. Bay leaf – two to three leaves
16. Garam Masala – 1 ½ teaspoon
17. Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Method of Cooking
1. For starters, you will need to cut up the cauliflower into several medium cubes. Now, put them in a bowl for around three to four minutes. While doing so, you can also start heating up four teaspoons of sunflower oil in a different frying pan. Once you see smoke coming out of it, you would have put in the pieces of potatoes in it.
2. Once the boiling procedure is done drain the excess water from the cauliflower and put them in the pan. Fry them for a few minutes before taking them out. Now, add a little bit more oil in the pan and add ghee, red chilli, bay leaves, cumin seed, and hing to fry them for a few seconds.
3. After you can smell the delicious aroma, you will need to add the ginger paste and chopped tomato in it. Sauté everything for around two minutes. Now, add the remaining ingredients, such as cumin, turmeric, coriander, salt, and sugar in the mixture. Keep heating and stirring it until oil comes out of the mixture.
4. Lastly, add the fried cauliflower and potatoes in the pan and sauté them for five minutes. Once it is done, you may a little bit Garam Masala in the food and serve it after two to three minutes.
© copyright, Purti Vanaspati Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.