Stuffed red chilli pickle with detailed photo and video recipe. an easy and spicy stuffed pickle recipe made with thick red chillies. it is a popular stuffed pickle from rajasthani cuisine known for its hot and spicy taste combination. this pickle is an ideal condiment or taste enhancer which can be served with roti, paratha or even with dal rice.
• 20 red chilli
• ¼ cup mustard seeds
• ¼ cup fennel / saunf
• ¼ cumin / jeera
• 1 tbsp methi / fenugreek
• 1 tsp kalonji seeds
• 2 tbsp amchur
• 1 tsp turmeric
• 2 tbsp salt
• ½ tsp hing / asafoetida
• 2 tbsp vinegar
• 1 cup mustard oil
1. firstly, take 20 red chilli and remove the head. wipe off the chilli clean to remove any dirt or moisture.
2. slit the chilli and deseed it. removing seeds are completely optional. keep aside.
3. in a pan take ¼ cup mustard seeds, ¼ cup fennel, ¼ cumin and 1 tbsp methi.
4. dry roast on low flame until the spices turn aromatic.
5. cool completely and blend to a coarse powder.
6. transfer the masala mix to a small bowl.
7. add 1 tsp kalonji seeds, 2 tbsp amchur, 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tbsp salt and ½ tsp hing.
8. further, add 2 tbsp vinegar and mix well until all the spices are well combined.
9. stuff the prepared pickle masala into the chilli.
10. place the stuffed chilli into large glass jar. keep aside.
11. heat 1 cup mustard oil until it turns smokey.
12. cool the oil completely, and pour over the stuffed chilli.
13. shake well making sure the oil is well coated to all the chilli.
14. cover and sundry for at least 7 days or until chilli softens completely.
15. finally, enjoy stuffed red chilli pickle with roti.
PREP TIME:10 MINUTES
COOK TIME:10 MINUTES
© copyright, Purti Vanaspati Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.