1. 250 grams bhindi.
2. 2 tablespoon Purti Sunflower oil.
3. cup finely chopped onions or 1 medium-sized onion.
4. 1 cup finely chopped tomatoes.
5. 1 teaspoon coriander powder 6. ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder.
7. ½ teaspoon turmeric powder. 8. ½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder.
9. ½ teaspoon Kasuri methi – crushed. 10. 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leave.
How to make Bhindi Masala :
– Rinse 250 grams bhindi (okra) well in water using a colander or strainer. Spread them on a tray or plate and let them dry on their own under the fan. You can even wipe dry each bhindi with a clean kitchen towel.
– In a heavy Kadai or pan or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil and add the chopped okra. You can use Purti Sunflower Oil.
– Mix and begin to sauté the onions on a low to medium flame. Then add 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste. Next, add 2 medium-sized chopped tomatoes (1 cup chopped tomatoes).
– Now add ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder or ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, and ½ teaspoon garam masala powder.
– Next continue to add ½ teaspoon fennel powder (ground fennel – optional), 1 teaspoon coriander powder, and ½ teaspoon dries mango powder (amchur powder).
– Now add ½ teaspoon Kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves) which have been crushed. If you do not have dried fenugreek leaves, then simply skip them.
– Stir the whole mixture well. Cook for about 2 minutes stirring in between. Check the taste of bhindi masala and add more of the ground spice powders and salt if required.
– Lastly, add 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves. Mix again. You can also add 1 tablespoon of chopped mint leaves if you do not have coriander leaves (cilantro).
Total Time :
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cook Time; 25 min
© copyright, Purti Vanaspati Pvt. Ltd. All Rights Reserved.