Pudina pulao with purti soyalite refined soyabean oil
March 25, 2023
This is probably one of the most flavourful rice recipes you can make in just a few minutes. It’s a spicy mint rice recipe that is hearty and filling as a vegetarian dish. Serve this as a side dish, or you can also take it in a lunch box and have a delicious midday meal! It is also lovely with plain or Greek yogurt.
- -1 chopped green chiles
- -3 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- -3 cloves garlic,
- -2 ½ tablespoons water
- -2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- -1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- -1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- -½ teaspoon ground ginger
- -2 tablespoons Purti Soyalite Refined Soyabean oil
- -2 whole cloves
- -2 cardamom pod
- -1 star anise
- -½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- -1 small bay leaf, torn into pieces
- -1 onion, diced
- -¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- -¼ teaspoon red chile powder
- -4 small Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced into rounds
- -1 tomato, diced
- -½ cup frozen peas
- -1 cup basmati rice
- -1 ¼ cups water
- -¼ teaspoon salt
- -Combine green chiles, mint leaves, garlic, 2 1/2 tablespoons water, shredded coconut, cilantro, cumin seeds, and ginger in a mortar; grind with a pestle into a paste.
- -Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) and select Saute function. Add olive oil and heat until warm. Add cloves, cardamom pods, star anise, bay leaf, and cinnamon. Saute until spices are fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Add mint paste, onion, turmeric, and red chile powder and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- -Mix in potatoes, tomatoes, and peas. Stir in basmati rice and saute for 1 minute longer. Pour in 1 1/4 cups water and salt. Scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot and let warm for 1 minute longer.
- -Turn off Saute mode. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to the manufacturer’s instructions; set a timer for 6 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
Release pressure using the natural-release method according to the manufacturer’s instructions, 10 to 40 minutes.